Friday 4 May 2012

Vancouver Culinary Delights

Leek and bacon quiche at Cachet

It's Tuesday, May 1st, the day after the A to Z Challenge officially ends. This is my first day at attempting for once to be consistent in daily chronicling of significant events in my day. I am a disaster at keeping a journal. My cupboard is full of journal starts that last at the very most a couple of weeks. But this time, maybe an electronic record will work.
A taste sample at Dockside
At noon today I met a friend for a lunch and a news catch up at Caché , a fairly-recently opened restaurant on Hamilton in Yaletown. The service was excellent and the food perfect. You can read my full review at Supping In Vancouver: Caché Bistro and Lounge.

Later I took the Aquabus ferry across to Granville Island and walked up to the Granville Island Hotel to the Meet the Chef event. Intended to introduce new Executive Chef of Dockside Restaurant, Simon McNeil, it was  a great way for me to meet the Food and Beverage team, and fellow Food Writer/ Photographers, while enjoying samples of Chef McNeil's menu items and wine from Joie in the Okanagan.
Tonight is Dancing with the Stars: Results show - while I fold laundry and start packing for my upcoming California trip. This year there are several really good dancers among the Celebriies. I don't know who I like the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.