Monday 12 March 2012

Dancing around the world

Live it And write it! I plan to be more efficient from now on. Currently I am preparing for a marvelous dance cruise on board the Queen Mary 2, sailing from Hong Kong to Dubai. That's where I will be, when the A to Z challenge begins, writing my daily challenge post in between documenting my travels in my Travelblogue, and dancing  up a storm with workshops,  a dance bootcamp, and dancing for fun in the evenings.  The Cunard ships have the best dance floors of any  cruise line that I have seen - not that I have cruised on all of them. And the ballroom on the Queen Mary 2 is the best of the best.

I can't wait to get aboard.

Here is a formal dance dress made for me by my amazing dance instructor / couturier from California, Robert Cooper. The photograph was taken by me, trying out the timer setting on my camera so it's not studio-perfect but it shows off the dress.

Don't you love the colour?

8 comments:

  1. Yes! And I LOVE the shoes. Glad I discovered your blog! I am very excited about your plans for posting in April. It will be like we're going along with you. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Dance shoes. Lovely to look at, hard to fit, and after several hours on successive days, sometimes blisters and callouses develop. So that means for a dance cruise you have to pack several pairs ... and then you can't exactly travel light.
    I am busy whittling down my selection and deciding on dance dresses, in between my computer work.
    I plan to go back to read earlier blog psts from Coming Down the Mountain - love the title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops. Got to watch those typos. Fingers are faster than the brain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jill,

    Just dropped by to say good luck on the A to Z Challenge. You are number 328 on my blog hopping through the Eights journey. You can check out my post about it @ JennsScribbles

    I do love the color of your dress. I also LOVE cruising and wish I was writing my A to Z Challenge on the Queen Mary 2, or (almost) any other cruise ship.

    P.S. Sorry to post and delete. I have the opposite problem, brain faster than the fingers :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn
      thanks for dropping by and no problem about the delete.
      I am so impressed at your blog hopping. I am functioning on the "just in time"principle right now and focusing on finishing off my travelblogues before embarking on the next.

      Delete
  6. Hey Jill - love the dress! Beautiful colour.
    Enjoy twirling in it on you upcoming cruise.

    Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny. And thanks for the link re turning off verification. I think I did it correctly.
      Check out my St. Patrick's Day Pigeon Poop story and wait for the lottery results

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.